A great field of professionals has confirmed their entries for the 2019 Vanuatu Golf Open
Some notables in the field:
• 2018 Samoa Open Champion
• 2018 Winner of the NSW/ACT Order of Merit
• 2018 Runner Up of the Ladbrokes National Pro Am Series, Order of Merit
• 3 time winner on the Australasian Tour
• Played in the Open Championship in 2006 and 2009
• Finished 39th on the 2018 ISPS Handa PGA Tour of Australasia
• 3rd in the 2018 Tahiti International Golf Open
• 5th in the 2018 Queensland Open
• Current Leader of the 2019 Ladbrokes National Pro Am Series, Order of Merit
• 12 time winner in 2019 on the Ladbrokes National Pro Am Series
• Former top 30 player on the ISPS Handa PGA Tour of Australasia
• Shot 72 under over 12 rounds in the 2019 Mining Town Series in Queensland
• 2016 Vanuatu Open Champion
• 2018 Runner Up Vanuatu Open
• 2014 Runner Up World Club Pro Am in Durban, South Africa
The committee reports that a full field of 47 professionals and 143 amateurs will tee it up for this year’s event.
Committee chairman Bryan Death who has been assisting to run this event for the past 16 years said this was one of the biggest fields ever assembled and would be a huge boast to the economy of Vanuatu as golfers tend to be quite social with plenty of stories to tell at the 19th whether they have played well or badly.
The week kicks off with a welcome cocktail party at the Holiday inn Port Vila and this is followed by the Swire Shipping Pro-Am on Wednesday and the main event running through from Thursday 29th till Sunday 1st of September.
Entry to the public is free and welcomed by the organisers.