Oceania Football Confederation (OFC) Competitions and Events Manager, Michael Song has come out to announce that, Vanuatu Football Federation’s Competition Manager, Bong Shem will be the General Coordinator for Group B of the OFC Champions League 2019.
The OFC General Coordinator (“GC”) is OFC’s official representative in the venue and has the overall authority for all match organisation aspects. The OFC General Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the venue operates smoothly and in full compliance with the guidelines and regulations set by OFC.
The roles and responsibilities of the GC consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
• Ensuring stadium readiness
• Ensuring the correct implementation of all concepts of the competition
• Ensuring timely kick-off and half-time
• Providing the team with details on how the matches will be organised
• Conducting the Team Arrival Meetings
• Conducting the Match Coordination Meeting
• Conducting the Referee Briefing
• Acting as the main liaison between the teams and OFC
• Keeping in daily contact with OFC HQ to report on the venue
• Attending crisis management meetings
• Venue trouble-shooting
• Ensuring the pitch corresponds to the guidelines
• Ensuring the dressing rooms are ready on match day
• Ensuring the match reports are completed properly
“We are confident in Bong, in close collaboration with the OFC delegation on site and the LOC members, to ensure the Group C matches are staged successfully,” Song stated.
In other football news, Efate United went down to OFC Champions League bound Erakor Golden Star FC, thanks to Pepeta and Diego, each scoring a goal in the 2-0 win.