Presented by Truly Spiked & Sparkling
(NAPSI)—If you’re like most Americans, according to recent Gallup polls, you want to lose weight, be fit and eat right. Only about one in four people, however, is seriously working toward that goal.
One problem, many say, is keeping to a health and fitness resolution while out on the town. In fact, 45 percent of drinkers told a Harris poll that following a wellness routine makes it hard to be social because events often revolve around sugar-spiked, high-calorie food and drink. Fortunately, you can balance better choices and enjoyment—and even the occasional cocktail—when you try Truly Spiked & Sparkling and these six tips.
A few simple steps can help you maintain both your fitness goals and your social life.
• Don’t party hungry. Eat something filling but low in fat and calories, such as fruit or fresh vegetables, before you go out to dinner or a party.
• Drink to your health. Also, fill up on water before you go out. While out, remember, you’re less likely to overeat after you’ve had food with a high water content, such as soup, according to a study from Pennsylvania State University.
• Think small. At the party or buffet, use a small plate. Less will look like more and you won’t be as tempted to overindulge. At a restaurant, think about getting two appetizers instead of an appetizer and main dish.
• Eat only food you really like. Why waste calories on the stuff that’s just so-so?
• Take your time. Eat slowly and mindfully. Savor each bite.
• Know your drink options. There’s now a bubbly alternative to wine, light beer and cocktails that won’t get in the way of your resolution. One such drink is Truly Spiked & Sparkling, a spiked sparkling water with just 5 percent ABV, 100 calories, one gram of sugars and two grams of carbs per serving. There are no artificial flavors or sweeteners and it comes in five styles: Colima Lime, Pomegranate, Grapefruit & Pomelo, Sicilian Blood Orange and Lemon & Yuzu. Each style is available in packs of six 12-ounce bottles or a variety 12-pack in both cans and bottles.
While refreshing on its own, Truly Spiked & Sparkling can also be a delicious addition to many cocktail recipes, such as this twist on a traditional Negroni:
½ oz Campari (or equivalent)
½ oz Triple Sec (or gin)
Juice from 1 lemon or orange wedge
5 oz. Truly Spiked & Sparkling Grapefruit & Pomelo
Orange or grapefruit wedge or twist as garnish
Combine Campari, Triple Sec and juice from a fresh squeezed lemon wedge in a rocks glass over a single larger ice cube. Top off with Truly Spiked & Sparkling Grapefruit & Pomelo. Add orange or grapefruit wedge or twist for garnish.
For further facts, including where to find these sparkling drinks, go to www.trulyspikedsparkling.com.
On the Net:North American Precis Syndicate, Inc.(NAPSI)