It has been alleged that two deaths that have occurred on Ambae this week were ash-related.
An elderly person suffering from chronic lung disease died bedridden at home before developing a stroke.
It was alleged he developed chest infection from the heavy ash fall.
Another person, middle aged, with chronic asthma developed severe attack at home and died on arrival at the hospital, the Daily Post was told.
Volcanic ash can be very toxic to human health. People suffering from asthma, lung problem and severe heart problems are most at risk.