The Department of Civil Status is now issuing the National Identification Cards to all seasonal workers in New Zealand and Australia.

The issuing of the national ID cards to departing seasonal workers for the Recognized Seasonal Employment (RSE) scheme in New Zealand and the Seasonal Worker Program (SWP) in Australia began on Thursday with about 100 RSE workers – both women and men, receiving their cards on Friday before they travel out today and some next week.

Acting Registrar, Ettienne Ravo says the ni-Vanuatu workers can use the IDs overseas where they work.

He says it’s the department’s intention to try and capture all RSE and SWP seasonal workers to register them and issue them their ID cards before they depart by getting their local agents to provide the department with the names of worker so they can be issued their ID cards.

The Civil Status Office hopes that over time they can provide the national ID card to all 4,000-plus workers that join RSE program annually and over 2,000 SWP workers.

Jonas Cullwick, a former General Manager of VBTC is now a Senior Journalist with the Daily Post. Contact: Cell # 678 5460922

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.